From Jim Reimer (Building & Grounds) and Sky Hedren (Treasurer)
Want to go back to full services, but aren’t sure about being indoors in a large gathering? The COVID pandemic has motivated some hard working BUFster’s to come up with a proposal to improve the ventilation of our building.
Based on current CDC recommendations, industry guidelines, and the advice of local HVAC contractors, the BUF Ventilation Improvement Project (V.I.P.) proposes to:
- Upgrade air filtration to meet post-Covid guidelines and best practice
- Increase the circulation of fresh air
- Reduce stratification and stagnation of air in the sanctuary
- Implement programmable, centralized control of air handling
Jim Reimer (Building and Grounds) has met with five HVAC contractors this past year and three of them submitted proposals. The bid being considered is from Feller Heating & Air Conditioning for $27,825.
BUF’s Bylaws require that you approve this expenditure because it exceeds $10,000.
A special Congregational Meeting to vote on this proposal will be held on July 18, 2021 at noon via Zoom.
(see the Message from the Board President)
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/96908526347
Meeting ID: 969 0852 6347
The project has been endorsed by BUF’s Financial Oversight Committee and the COVID task force.
The Board of Trustees passed this three part motion at its recent meeting:
- To call a special Congregational Meeting on July 18, 2021 to consider the BUF Ventilation Improvement Project and vote for its approval
- The cost of the project is not to exceed $38,000
- The project will be funded from BUF’s Building Account and, should the Account be exhausted, then from the Building Maintenance Reserve.
Here’s where you come in. Please attend the Congregational Meeting and vote on this proposal. Our goal is to improve BUF’s ventilation in advance of the return to in-person services this fall.
Want to know more? Check out this FAQ Document. Also, on July 11, after church, (see Zoom link above), a question and answer session will be held. In the meantime, feel free to contact us.
The link for voting (below) will be activated at the conclusion of the meeting.