Our goal is to provide a ministry of hope and caring so that no member of our congregation need be alone during a crisis or other time of need. We:
- Visit the ill at home or in the hospital
- Support those going through a life crisis
- Maintain contact with those unable to attend worship services due to illness or a disabling condition, physical, mental, or emotional
- Support friends and family involved in care-giving
- Comfort the bereaved
- Provide support in spiritual exploration
The BUF Caring Team includes Steffany Raynes, chair, Jan Krouskop, Joan Mackay, Leslie McFee, Emmie Schlobohm, David Curley, and Rev. Paul Beckel.
If you, or someone you know at BUF, are in need of support or comfort, please contact Steffany Raynes.
If you would like to be trained to be a part of the BUF Caring Team, also contact Steffany Raynes.
Neighbor to Neighbor
Volunteers of our Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N) team provide intermittent short-term help to members and friends in the following areas:
- Preparing/delivering meals (we use the Meal Train website)
- Transportation to BUF services or medical appointments
- Communications assistance (e.g. connecting to BUF by computer)
- Information about community resources
To volunteer, contact Heather Higgins.